Healthy Fun Food Dishes For Easter Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!
The holidays are a time to celebrate with family and friends, but they can also be a time of overindulgence. If you're worried about eating too much or spending too much money, consider these benefits of eating healthy during the holidays. Eating well will help you feel more energized and enjoy all the festivities without feeling guilty. So, go ahead and indulge in some Easter treats, but make sure to include plenty of healthy foods, too!
In this blog post, we’re breaking down a fun and healthy desert recipe that you can take to your Easter Celebrate for everyone to enjoy!
Try this awesome Beet Brownies recipe.
10 minutes Prep
25 minutes Cook Servings
2 beet(s) Beets, raw (golden if desired)
1/4 cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
3/4 cup Dark chocolate chips, vegan
3 tbsp Flaxseed meal (ground)
1/2 tbsp Instant coffee, regular, powder (optional)
6 date pitted Medjool date
1 cup Rolled oats, dry (gluten-free)
1 dash Sea Salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract, pure
1/4 cup Walnuts (chopped)
2 tbsp Water
2 cup Water (plus 2 tbsp)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flax and ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (90 ml) water. Allow to rest for about 15 minutes or until ready to use.
2. Trim off the stem and tail of the beets; peel, then dice. Discard the peels. Add the diced beets to a microwave-safe bowl along with the 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of water. Microwave on high for about 10 to 12 minutes, until fork-tender. Place a paper towel under the bowl, as sometimes the water can boil over. Alternatively, the beets can be steamed in a rice cooker or over the stove until tender.
3. While the beets steam, add the oats to a food processor and process until they become the texture of flour, about 1 minute. Next, add in the walnuts and dates; pulverize into a paste, about 2 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). When the beets are done steaming, drain off the water and add the beets to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process for a good 3 to 5 minutes, until the entire mixture is very smooth. It should render into a thick paste.
5. Coat an 8-by-8-inch (20-by-20-cm) square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and spoon the batter into the dish. Using a spatula, even out the top of the batter. Bake for 25 minutes, until set. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack before slicing into 9 squares.
A great recipe can make healthy eating simple and fun, but only if it gets used. My clients understand how the meal plan recipes works, and why they should follow it, and how it fits into their lives. I know that you want healthy holiday recipes for you and your family. Therefore, I put together this 26-crowd pleasing Easter Brunch Recipes to help people follow a fun, easy to prepare meal that’s pleasing to the family. You don’t want to miss these 26 awesome recipes!
Just to name a few of the recipes
1. Cinnamon Bun Muffins
2. Carrot Cake Smoothie
3. Yummy Spring Herb Salad with Almonds
4. Turkey & Egg Breakfast Casserole
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun. It can also be a time when overeating becomes the norm. This is why it’s so important to make sure you have plenty of healthy options available in your home this Easter! With just a few simple changes in our eating habits, we can avoid weight gain over the holiday and live healthier lives overall. Be sure to purchase and use these holiday party dish ideas and comment below when you try them!